Estate and Elder Law planning is even more important if you suspect that you or a loved one is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or any progressive cognitive disease.
Here are just a few areas you should look at immediately:
- Durable Power of Attorney- Lets the agent make financial decisions when you can’t.
- Health Care Power of Attorney- Gives authority to your agent to speak to doctors and plan for your care.
- Advanced Directives- Let your loved ones know your wishes when it comes to extreme life sustaining measures (feeding tubes, hydration, pain)
- Work with your Elder Law Attorney, Financial Advisor and Insurance Agent to make sure everyone is in sync. Check all beneficiary designations now. It may not be the best for Alzheimer’s patient be receive a large inheritance.
- If professional care is needed; in-home care, assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing care, be sure to explore government benefits such as VA Aid and Attendance, Special Assistance for assisted living or memory care and Medicaid for Long Term Skilled Care.
Your questions are always welcome. Please contact us at:
email@example.com for a free initial consultation.
Free Consultations for Estate Planning, Elder Law, Charitable Gifting questions – and we’ll come to you in the Raleigh, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Durham and Chapel Hill areas. We cover the Triangle area.